Hedgerow of Soquel is a diverse 6 acre permaculture garden, farm, and homestead in Soquel. We are seeking an individual to holistically manage our our diverse collection of plant life.
Principal Accountabilities including but not limited to:
- This is an hourly position and is structured as a 4-day/week position, 8:00 AM – Noon.
- Upkeep of any and all landscape needs as directed.
- Collaborates with Director in regards to overlap with Habitat and Landscape needs.
- Schedule/Monitor irrigation of plant/trees to ensure sufficient watering.
- Oversight and performance of daily tasks, including but not limited to, dead-head plants, pruning, and mulching, shaping, planting, mowing, weed whacking, blowing, trimming, trenching, digging, trash clearing and hand weeding.
- Work with volunteers from our WWOOF program on a daily basis for proper planting, pruning, irrigation installation and maintenance procedures.
- Oversee and perform upkeep needs of various areas around the farm and gardens, including but not limited to, gates and entrances, as well in and around farm structures.
- Prepare schedule for planting, replanting, pruning, treating diseased plants and trees,, gopher trapping as needed, seeding and seed collection, transplants, etc.
- Work closely with the Livestock Team to identify and make a plan regarding plants that may be poisonous to the animals.
- Minimum 2 years experience with organic landscape methods like permaculture, biodynamic agriculture, regenerative ag, etc.
- Knowledge of California Native and a wide range of plants including annuals, perennials, shrubs, and trees
- Be able to lift and carry a minimum of 50 pounds
- Be able/willing to work in a variety of extreme weather conditions
- Irrigation Experience
- Capable of working under pressure and independently as necessary as well as handling a diverse range of responsibilities
- Ability to work as a team member maintaining positive work relations of staff & volunteers.
- Ability to operate all tools, vehicles, and equipment required for use by garden staff
- Ability to communicate clearly with team, Director, and vendors
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States
- Must pass a background check
- Punctual and reliable
- Must live within 30 minutes of the Farm
This position has a pay range of $18.00 to $25.00 per hour depending on experience.
Email email@example.com with your resume and/or experience, availability, and a little bit about yourself.* Important to put Subject Line: Work@Hedgerow
*Bonus to include a short video telling us more — nothing fancy, your phone can do it!