Hedgerow of Soquel is a diverse 6 acre permaculture garden, farm, and homestead in Soquel. We are seeking a team member to assist the Director in homestead tasks and events.
Principal Accountabilities including but not limited to:
- This is an hourly position and is structured as a 4-day/week position, 8:00 AM – Noon.
- Homestead related tasks like helping to bring in & put up the harvest (willing to train)
- Inventory control
- Errand running for admin and farm teams
- Coordinate vendors and monitor progress
- Guest coordination and farm representation
- Housekeeping tasks related to farm organization, events and guests
- Execute onsite coordination during events when needed
- Administrative tasks such as filing, photography, and computer work
- Coordinate and work with other farm workers when needed
- Assisting with farm events and guest tours
- Set up, tear down and execute for workshop and events
- Must be available to work occasional evenings and weekends throughout the year
- Desire to learn homesteading skills
- Ability to lift at least 50 lbs. – Physical work involved
- Can-do attitude, often with fast paced timelines
- Ability to execute on the fly direction and adjust quickly to changes
- Strong attention to detail
- Minimum 1 year assistant or farm and garden type experience
- Must live within 30 minutes of the Farm
- Potential opportunity to live on the farm may be available with additional responsibilities.
This position has a pay range of $15.00 to $18.00 per hour depending on experience. Must send cover letter with your resume. A short video application (you can use your phone!) is welcome.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume and/or experience, availability, and a little bit about yourself.* Important to put Subject Line: Work@Hedgerow
*Bonus to include a short video telling us more — nothing fancy, your phone can do it!